<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 13, 2004

'I want my Minority Report!' 'Who are you again?' 

Hey Folks,

I'd like to share a conversation I had with my then-fiance in a cinema in St. Austell, Cornwall, in July 2002. We had gone to see Minority Report, starring Tom Cruise.

Her: Who's that?
Me: Tom Cruise, dear.
Her: Okay, thanks.

Such conversations took up a fair amout of our time, and I didn't mind the interuption. Two mimutes later, however:

Her: And who's that?
Me: Tom Cruise. In a different jumper.
Her: Oh...

See, she always maintained that she had a condition she called 'face blindness.' It seems that, according to The Guardian at least, she wasn't lying. Or insane. She was - and I hope very much still is - an incredibly independent woman. The only thing she needed anyone for was to tell her who people on the T.V were. Given my near-instant recognition of faces and names and crushing lack of personal confidence, it seems that fate put us together for just that purpose. Perhaps we were meant to be together.

Congratulations, me.